If you've assembled the Bluetooth module and flashed with a firmware, but you
aren't receiving any data on your Android device, try these troubleshooting
- Confirm that the BlueSMiRF status light is green when your Android device
connects to the device. In the OpenXC Enabler, you should see a
BluetoothVehicleDataSource listed under
Sources, and its socket should not
- Double check the pins on the chipKIT side - they're very close together so
look from above and make sure they are in the correct numbered holes.
- Double check the pins on the BlueSMiRF side - make the Rx and Tx aren't
flipped, and the same for CTS/RTS.
- Confirm the baud rate of the RN-42 is correct - double check in the PIC32
find the correct rate.
- Finally, take a picture of your setup and post a link in the Google
- sometimes another pair of eyes can catch those really tricky problems.